Software updates are critical for keeping your software up to date with the most recent features, performance enhancements, and security fixes. Microsoft upgrades its Office suite regularly.
Below are simple guides on how to update excel in windows 10.
How to Update Excel on Windows
1. On your windows, double click on your excel app to open excel.
2. On the upper left side of the launch page, click Blank document.
3. Click "File" on the top left corner of excel windows. This will pop up a menu on the left side of the window.
4. Select the Account option on the left-hand column of options.
5. Just in the middle of the window, click the About Excel then Update option and confirm by clicking update now.
Note: If the update option is missing you need to update your windows
How to update Excel on Mac
1. On your Mac computer open Microsoft office application i.e. in excel.
2. At the top of the screen click the help menu item.
3. A Drop-down menu will display click on check for updates. An update window will pop up.
4. Tick on the "Automatically download and install" box in the middle of updating window.
5. On the bottom-right corner of the window click check for updates.
How to update Excel using the start Menu
1. On the Start menu, Type check for new updates.
2. Click the start button and select all program options.
3. The next step is to click on Windows Update. This is also found in the control panel.
4. This will direct you to the windows update folder. A display of available updates will appear to allow them to install on your computer.
Updating from Microsoft office website
Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
1. Visit the Microsoft official website and download the service pack that merges to windows 10.
2. Here click on Download and install the latest update for your Excel Version.
3. Restart your computer once the installation is done.
Updating using windows
Microsoft has the option to merge or update both windows OS and office.
1. Ensure that Excel is closed on your computer. Reboot your windows to ensure that excel hasn't been open.
2. Visit the Microsoft update page and follow the guide on how windows update on your computer run.
3. By following the instructions the latest version of Microsoft Office will be installed.
Updating your Excel is very important for it to function properly and enjoy the advanced features of the latest version. If an Excel add-in behaves strangely (or not at all), it's usually because Excel is faulty in some manner. Updating and fixing Excel will frequently resolve issues.